Skin Care for you & the Earth

In a world with infinite information at our finger tips, it amazes me that we don't utilise this and put it to use! Every time we purchase an item, we are putting our money towards that product and showing our support for it, what it stands for and allowing them to continue their process of manufacture. 

This is where Lush and Sukin come in. Both of these companies are here to benefit you and I AND our beautiful planet. Of course there are a variety of other brands on the market that are cruelty free, environmentally conscious and are free from the myriad of harsh chemical products, however I do love to support the Australian market and encourage my friends and family to do so as well.

What I love about Sukin is that they are literally all about "Skincare that doesn't cost the Earth", which perfectly aligns with my own personal philosophy when it comes to health (and even my Design ethics). They are completely carbon neutral and only use ingredients that contain "active botanicals and essential oils [that are] carefully selected to restore vitality and radiance to the skin" as well.


Ever looked at the back of a skincare product and read the ingredients and wondered what on earth it all means, let alone where it comes from? With both Lush and Sukin products, it's much more simple. You can read their ingredients and understand perfectly what you're putting onto your skin and body. What astounds me though, is when other designer skincare labels advertise (and use it as their point of sale) that it contains a small percentage of "essence of rose hip oil" or "added Vitamin E!" when in fact you could be using a product that ONLY contains the active ingredients (which is what Lush and Sukin both do!). Of course, depending on how dry my skin is, I like to go back to basics and just use one simple ingredient (that has so many healing ailments anyway) such as coconut oil, rose hip oil or castor oil. 



Also unfortunately after doing a bit of research, I've realised that my usual foundation by Chanel does support animal testing. After reading about Chanel's testing methods, it seems they don't personally test their products on animals by outsource laboratories to do so for them so they can claim that "Chanel does not test on animals". I'm not surprised by this at all to be honest, coming from a corporate makeup and perfume enterprise. I certainly won't be purchasing this again (even though unfortunately it is a great product). I am open to suggestions for cruelty-free AND vegan makeup brands if anyone has recommendations!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.